Big props to the Mercedes Garage in Bellevue. They did a bang-up job, did just what I wanted, no more, no less. They said the throttle body was sticking, so the adjusted that, tuned the mixture, and put proper resistive plugs in the car (who knew that Bosch plugs were crap these days...bummer). Runs like a top now. Also got the brake fluid flushed. I'll be running injector cleaner through it for a while, but for now that's all the engine should need.
After installing the Sportline springs, I've determined that the front is too high, so I'm going to put the #1 pad back on up front. The dealership did get the wrong springs in, they got the longest ones, rather than the ones I ordered. But it's easier to cut these or run a thinner pad than deal with returning them. Since the rates are the same on all of those springs, it should be fine.
I did notice this weekend that the rear toe is way off. Expected, given that I put the new control arms on. I was hoping to wait until I did the front control arm bushings to get the alignment done, but it needs it now. I have an appointment for Thursday, so I need to do the spring pads now.
Cost: $225
No comments:
Post a Comment