Thursday, October 27, 2011

Alignment goodness

Just got the car back from having a proper alignment done at Tru Line in Seattle.  Not cheap at $197, but these guys do a very thorough job.  The discovered that the camber on the rear is off, and can't be adjusted without some adjustable arms.  However, it's not too bad at 1.8% and 3% L&R respectively.  Everything else aligned right.  They did find that the steering damper was on backwards (I matched the old one's orientation, so someone put one on wrong a while ago).  Also that the motor mounts were pretty fried and one is cracked badly.  Fortunately this car doesn't really notice it much.  I'll do them soon, but it's not a huge priority.  They did note that the subframe is slightly tweeked, and that the diff is a hair off center, but they indicated that it wasn't far enough off to warrant any concern or worry that it would affect the driveline.

Overall very good news.  I was worried that I had missed the significance of the frame damage, but my assessment seems to have been spot on.

Needless to say she drives much better with the alignment right.  Handling feel is much better and more solid.

I did order a set of Euro headlights, which should be here tomorrow.  I also finally fixed the rear side marker light so I no longer have the bulb warning light.  At least until I turn the headlight(s) on, but the passenger one is fried so that's an easy fix when the new ones arrive.

Cost:
Alignment: $197
Headlights: $185
Marker Bulbs: $4

No comments:

Post a Comment