Also got the oil change, transmission flushed, and the front upper strut mounts installed.
On closer inspection I discovered that the car has H&R springs already installed, but they appear to be installed on stock shocks. With the lower ride height, and poor damping, the new tires do rub in the front, so I'll need to address that. I plan to raise the ride height a little with some pads, and then eventually get Koni's, but it's entirely possible that a tire this big won't work on this car. If that's the case then I'll have to get some SLK staggered wheels, as those are probably the best fit.
I also discovered that the rear thrust arms are bent, on both sides. If you look closely you can see the rear wheels aren't centered in the wheel well, they are slightly forward. This probably happened in the accident that totaled the car. I planned to replace them anyway, but this accelerated my plans.
I just ordered:
- Full set of rear Meyle control arms
- New drag link
- New front sway bar bushings
- New rear sway bar links
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. bmw wheels
ReplyDelete